Redesigning your website’s homepage can certainly be a daunting task. You want to ensure that prospective clients are presented with relevant information about your products or services that will help convince them to do business with you in the future. You might also need to address your stakeholder’s need for data regarding your company’s financial standing. It is more than likely you will need to address a myriad of various visitors coming to your website(s). But how can you possibly target these visitors when they all have such diverse needs? A suitable solution is to implement an interactive billboard on your homepage.
An interactive billboard provides you with the ability to display varied information without cluttering your homepage and confusing your audiences as to what your company is about. As per Wakefly’s most common work, the billboard or rotating banner as per its name will rotate indefinitely through a series of four to six panels. Within your content management system, you can have the ability to update your panels as frequently as you’d like with a title, short description, a corresponding image and a URL of an interior web page. It is suggested that your panels link to another page within your website to drive traffic into your site to learn more about a topic of interest. Once the visitor is on your site, the last thing you want to do is drive them off your site.
The aforementioned homepage billboard is a basic example of the billboards we design here at Wakefly. For examples of our more complex banners and other client work, please visit our Flickr account.
Interactive homepage billboards can do more than simply allowing you the flexibility to display various types of information on your homepage. Wakefly highly recommends incorporating rotating banners on your homepage because they:
- Create a wide encompassing first impression of your business and the types of services you provide or the clients you serve without forcing visitors to navigate through your site to find what they need.
- Drive traffic into your site to learn more about the information displayed on the panels through the use of interior page links.
- Decrease the probability of your visitors missing valuable information. When placed purposefully on your homepage, the panels will be the first thing visitors see when they land on your homepage, ensuring visitors cannot possibly miss the information embedded in the panels.
- Capture a visitor’s attention through the use of a variety of sales driven imagery and content, not to mention the motion of the banners rotating.
- If implemented using JQuery as opposed to Flash, this feature will be compatible with mobile devices including iPhones and iPads.
- You can have the ability to update the content and imagery used on your rotating panels without having to enlist in the help of an agency.
To take your homepage to the next level, contact Wakefly at 508-616-2042 or visit our website to learn more!Comments